Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Brilliant Idea

I've had some sort of internet presence for as long as I can remember (On a good day, that is. Some days I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast..). I created my first website years ago through a free website builder called Homestead when it was in its infancy (And lets face it, I was practically in mine). From the beginning I've continued to ask myself, "what can I put on a website or blog that people would actually care about?" Most of them started out as simple, poorly patched together messes of information that no one except for maybe family and friends would even look at, and unfortunately I'm now 24 years old and until the past hour I've had anything but a halfway decent idea of what to write about.


But now, fortunately for me (and I hope anyone that has found there way here), that's going to change. I've decided that I have a lot to say about something that I care a lot about doing and that is near and dear to my heart. Medicine. The Emergency Medical Services to be exact. I don't want to go too in depth yet about any of my ideas yet, but I do want to mention it's not going to be all postings of my personal stories (though my personal experiences will play a role in backing some of my opinions) and it's not meant to be geared specifically to EMS providers. I really hope to make people think, and ask questions. I hope to attract people from all different aspects of medicine as well as those with no medical training of their own.


My ultimate goal: change.



So at this point you're probably thinking one of the following:
"Change? From a blog? This kid is out of his mind!"
"Twenty four years old? I've been doing this job as long as you've been alive!"
"Who cares?"


OK. So, maybe a lack of sleep is influencing my thought process. And yes, I'm young and my EMS career only began 5 years ago. But, I've seen quite a bit in my short 5 years in an ambulance, and I have a lot to say. I don't pretend to know everything (.....alright, that's a blatant lie, sometimes I do pretend to know it all). But I'm a firm believer that everyone has something to teach, just as much as they have something to learn.


And who cares? Well, I do. And you should, too. The things I plan to talk (and sometimes ramble on) about have some sort of impact on everyone.


So, in the next few weeks, keep an eye out for new posts. If you have anything to say on response (good, bad, or indifferent) please post a comment. I'm looking forward to the potential this has to make people think and look at the things we do from another perspective and, hopefully, influence some change along the way.

1 comment: